Todd O’Hair and Charles Robison from the Montana Chamber of Commerce and State Senator Steve Fitzpatrick (R-Great Falls, Senate District 10) join us to discuss four bills focused on tort reform.
- SB165 – Insurance Claims Cooperation
- will enhance cooperation, reduce litigation, and eliminate the incentive to “set up” an insurance company for bad faith cause of action.
- SB216 – Product Liability Reform
- implements common sense reforms to current product liability law, protecting manufacturers and Montana businesses.
- SB236 (Formerly LC0931) – Set Standards for Time-Limited Demands
- implements requirements for time-limited demand letters to promote fair and reasonable settlements of claims.
- SB269 – Establish consumer protections and disclosures in litigation financing
With Guest Host Kyle Riley