Tom Schultz interviews students from Skills USA, LIVE from the Billings Hotel and Convention Center.
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. We help each student excel. A nonprofit national education association, SkillsUSA serves middle-school, high-school and college/postsecondary students preparing for careers in trade, technical and skilled service occupations.
SkillsUSA serves more than 331,000 students and instructors annually. This includes 19,019 instructors who join as professional members. Including alumni, SkillsUSA membership totals over 393,000. SkillsUSA has served nearly 14 million annual members cumulatively since 1965 and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Labor as a successful model of employer-driven workforce development.
By The Numbers
- 53 state and territorial associations
- Nearly 14 million annual members total since 1965
- 650 national partners –– businesses, trade associations and unions
- More than 17,000 classrooms conducting SkillsUSA training nationwide
- Thousands of community service activities each year
1/4 of U.S. occupational areas covered by SkillsUSA curriculum –– that’s 130 job categories